South Kilworth CofE Primary School is a member of Learn Academies Trust (Learn-AT). Learn-AT has a Board of Trustees and Members who are responsible for overseeing all of the schools in the Trust. For more information about the Trustees please see Learn-AT’s website.
South Kilworth CofE Primary School's Local Governing Body works on behalf of the Trust Board in these key areas:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction within the Academy.
- Acting as a critical friend to the school; holding the academy’s senior leadership team to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff.
- Assuring Health and Safety procedures within their school.
Our governors work as a team. They are responsible for making sure the school provides a good quality education for all pupils. Raising educational standards in school is a key priority. ... Governors promote effective ways of teaching and learning when setting the school aims and policies.
The Governing Body is made up of Parent Governors, Staff governors (teaching or non-teaching), and Co-opted Governors from the local community. The Governing Board meets each term and asks Governors to lead roles in monitoring and evaluating certain areas of the School’s performance and reporting to the full Board. Our governors meeting for this year are:-
22nd September 2021
21st February 2022
7th June 2022
The Governing Board encourages parents to talk to its members with feedback, positive and negative, or raise queries for feedback to both the Governing Board and the School Leaders.
Our School Governors are:-
- Angela Dewes – Cluster Chair
- Sarah Colwell - Chair
- David Hinchley
- Paul Hetherton
- Tim Holmes
- Jen Begley
- Kerry Willars – Head of School
- Heather White – Executive Head Teacher
All governors can be contacted via the school office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents can get in touch with Ofsted using Parent View here